Cao He Jing is state-level development zone, Caohejing Hi-Tech Park enjoys preferential policies approved by Chinese State Council.
It is establish to encourage and promote the development of domestic high and new technologies. The Standing Committee of Shanghai People’s Congress approved the Temporary Regulation for Shanghai Caohejing Hi-Tech Park on April 8 1990. The formulation and approval of the Regulation made clear the main mission and long-term target, as well as the high-tech industries and services the park will provide.
Caohejing Hi-Tech Park is located in the southwest of Shanghai, bonded on the east by Guilin road, south by Caobao road, west by Xinjinggang and north by Puhuitang. Being in close proximity to the airport, expressways, metro line, light railway, and elevated ring road systems, Caohejing Hi-Tech Park has a uniquely central location.
· 4 km away from the Xujiahui downtown area
· 7 km to Hongqiao International Airport
· 12 km to the People’s Square
· 15 km to Shanghai Railway Station
· 3 km away from South Shanghai Railway Station
Middle Ring Road going through the park from north to south, Inner Ring Road and Outer Ring Road in the vicinity of the park
Metro lines No. 9 and No. 12 going through the park, No. 8 running straightly to Pujiang Hi-Tech Park
There are residential and commercial facilities surrounding the park. In close proximity to the park, are more than 20 universities and colleges, as well as some 120 research institutes, placing Caohejing the most densely talented area in Shanghai.
The universities around the park include:
· Shanghai Normal University
· East China University of Science and Technology
· Shanghai Jiaotong University
· Dong Hua University
· Shanghai University International Commercial College
· Shanghai University of Engineering Science
· Shanghai Institute of Technology
· Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade
· Shanghai Administration College
· Shanghai Chemicals College
· Shanghai Finance Staff University
· Shanghai Aviation Staff University
· Shanghai Lixin University of Commerce
· Shanghai Ouhua College
· Telfort Business Institute
· Shanghai Fudan University Medicine College
· Shanghai Chinese Medicine University
The research institutes around the park include:
· Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Shanghai Branch
· Shanghai Research Institute for Biological Sciences of the CAS
· Shanghai Microelectronics Research Center of CAS
· East China Computer Technology Research Institute
· East China Testing Technology Institute
· Shanghai Industrial Microbiology Research Institute
· Shanghai Measurement & Testing Technology Research Institute
· Shanghai Laser Technology Research Institute
· Shanghai Nuclear Engineering Research and Design Institute
· Shanghai Aerospace Research Institutes
· Institutes of the China Aerospace Industry General Corp.
· SVA Central Research Institute
Cao Je Jing has sought and received International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certification in both quality and environmental management system, helping to promote sustainable growth. In 2001 and 2002 respectively, CHJ was accepted into ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 program, and was honored as an ISO 14000 “National Demonstration District” in 2003.
Today Cao He Jing is also making efforts to develop recyclable economy in the Park and build itself into an “Ecological Industrial Park”.
In 2001, an agreement was reached with Shanghai Telecom to initiate the Park’s informatization. The following year, CHJ drew up an informatization plan. So far, the so-called “three networks, three hubs, and four platforms” has been established in the Park, providing an even more digital-friendly environment for the tenants to realize informatization. The development of ERP system in CHJ Development Corporation has been completed and been used for various applications, which helps improve its management and servicing level.
Shanghai Business Park
Covering an area of 60 hectares (0.6 sq.km), it is owned by Shanghai Caohejing Hi-Tech Park, and British Arlington Securities is providing the Park with consultancy services. Utilizing the new concept of design and management from Arlington’s practice in Europe, top priority in Shanghai Business Park will be given to the creation of a cohesive IT industry, encompassing software development, networking technology R&D, communication technology R&D, and many others, targeting to establish a first-class state-of-the-art technology park.